St. Joseph’s College Of Commerce
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, formerly a part of St. Joseph’s College was established in the year 1882 as an educational initiative by the French foreign mission Fathers. In 1937, the management of the college was handed over to the Jesuits, a worldwide Catholic religious order with a special focus on education. Loyola College, Chennai, St. Xavier’s College Calcutta and St. Xavier’s College Mumbai are the other premier institutions in India run by the Jesuit Order. The Department of Commerce was established in the parent college in 1949. In 1972, this department became an independent college under the name St. Joseph’s College of Commerce. It is recognized under Section 2(f) and 12B of the UGC Act. It became an autonomous institution in October 2004. St. Joseph’s College of Commerce was recognized as a “College with Potential for Excellence” in February 2010 by UGC.
The motto of the College is ‘Fide et Labore’ (‘Faith and Toil’), which serves as an inspiration behind the vision and mission of the college to give shape to a society full of all-inclusive minds to cater to the inherent diversity of our country. From the beginning, the College has been striving to be a state of the art institution for commerce education. The thrust has been on transforming commerce a multi-dimensional academic field. Currently it enjoys an ‘A’ grade with the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The college has been proactive to the significant changes and developments in the domain of higher education as well as business and commerce.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce (Autonomous)
163, Brigade Road,
Bengaluru- 560 025
Ph: (080) 2536 0644 / 46