St. Joseph's Institutions (Hassan)
St. Joseph's Institutions, Hassan is managed by the Hassan Jesuit Educational Society (HJES). The HJES aims at executing the noble objectives of the Jesuit philosophy of education. St. Joseph's Institutions in Hassan had its humble beginnings in the year 1957. It is one of the oldest educational institutions established in the heart of the city of Hassan. In 1957 Fr John Aranha started the school in a rented house in K. R. Puram, Hassan. It was shifted to the present location (Salagame road) in 1961. In the same year the primary school turned into a High School and in 2004 it became a composite PU College. In view of providing higher education, the Jesuits started a Degree College in 2009 in the same campus and was shifted to the present location (Katihalli) in 2018. The college is affiliated to the University of Mysore, one of the premier universities in Karnataka and offers B.Com and BBA courses.
The motto of the college is 'Service the light of life' which serves as an inspiration behind the vision and the educational praxis of the institutions, forming men and women for service and becoming a beacon of light and hope in the country and in the world at large.
Compassion of Jesus, journeying with others, towards integral human liberation.
Inspired by the voice of God and partnering with others, we strive to impart holistic education and form human communities, based on freedom, love, reconciliation and service.
UNITS OF THE SOCIETY
St. Joseph’s Primary and High School
St. Joseph’s Composite PU College
St. Joseph's First Grade College